标题: 《Successful Operation 》作者:- Robert A. Heinlein【EPUB】 [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2013-9-26 18:25
标题: 《Successful Operation 》作者:- Robert A. Heinlein【EPUB】
Robert A. Heinlein - SUCCESSFUL OPERATION FOREWORD For any wordsmith the most valuable word in the English language is that short, ugly, Anglo-Saxon monosyllable: No!!! It is one of the peculiarities in the attitude of the public toward the writing profession that a person who would never expect a free ride from a taxi driver, or free groceries from a market, or free gilkwoks from a gilkwok dealer, will without the slightest embarrassment ask a professional writer for free gifts of his stock in trade. This chutzpah is endemic in science fiction fans, acute in organized SF fans, and at its virulent worst in organized fans-who-publish-fan-magazines. The following story came into existence shortly after I sold my first storyand resulted from my having not yet learned to say No! “How dare you make such a suggestion!” The State Physician doggedly stuck by his position. “I would not make it, sire, if your life were not at stake. There is no other surgeon in the Fatherland who can transplant a pituitary gland but Doctor Lans.” “You will operate!” The medico shook his head. “You would die, Leader. My skill is not adequate.” The Leader stormed about the apartment. He seemed

欢迎光临 (http://mail.zasq.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2