收起左侧

[英文] 《Challenger》作者: - Robert Reed【EPUB】

[复制链接]

管理员 - 管理勋章超级版主 - 超级版主版主勋章 - 版主勋章

灰铜v1_03紫银v2_02绿金v1_01灰金v1_05绿银v1_01绿铜v3_01灵晶土豪紫铜v1_04紫铜v3_01

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-3-30 21:03 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
The Challenger by Robert Reed TO SOME PEOPLE, LIFE IS BUT A GAME TODAY, AT LEAST, IT'S ONE WE HAVE AN EVEN CHANCE OF WINNING. BUT NOT FOR LONG... * * * * This old man's sitting, just sitting, out in the mall. don't know why I notice him. Maybe it's his face, which is too flat and simple and dead-looking. But _they_ aren't supposed to look that way anymore. And that's why I mean to walk past him. Except then it occurs to me that maybe that's how I'm supposed to think. I'm supposed to look at him and tell myself that it's just another hundred-year-old turd with a yellow shopping bag and cotton trousers half again too big, and the fact that he's bald and pasty and looks like the blood hasn't hit the brain in years is just an act. A trick. That's what I'm thinking when I make my approach, plopping down next to him on that hard mall bench. Asking him flat out, "Hi, and how are you today?" He waits for a fat second, as if he didn't hear me. Then he gives this quick sideways glance and says, "Lousy. That's how I am." "Too bad," I say. Watching his eyes, his mouth. Through cheap white teeth, he says, "I'm not, and go away." "I didn't say you were," I tell him, thinking that he's awfully sharp for an old turd. "I just need to sit for a minute. Is that all right?" "Fine," he says. So
插件设计:zasq.net

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| ( Q群816270601 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-13 08:34 , Processed in 1.372482 second(s), 49 queries .