收起左侧

[英文] 《All Laced Up》作者: - A. Bertram Chandler【EPUB】

[复制链接]

管理员 - 管理勋章超级版主 - 超级版主版主勋章 - 版主勋章

灰铜v1_03紫银v2_02绿金v1_01灰金v1_05绿银v1_01绿铜v3_01灵晶土豪紫铜v1_04紫铜v3_01

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-3-27 21:09 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
All Laced Up BERTRAM CHANDLER To the science fiction writer, anything is grist to the mill. Even the simplest object can be made the basis of a story; sf is, after all, a tool rather than a literary form. In “All Laced Up”, Bertram Chandler takes as the subject of a story the cast iron “lace” so common around Sydney’s older suburbs and currently much admired by decorators. His approach to the story is witty and imaginative, and at its centre there is the same glow of insight which motivates the best sf. From now on, we can never take iron lace for granted—nor, for that matter, anything else, no matter how prosaic it may seem. Though born in Britain, Bertram Chandler has adopted Australia and been adopted by it. Captain of a freighter plying Australian coastal waters, he is undoubtedly the most successful writer of science fiction working in the country at the moment, with some dozens of novels to his credit and a career extending back to the early forties. Source: New Worlds, November 1961. * * * * She said, “We must get some iron lace ...” I looked up from the Sunday paper, regarded her. She was wearing the rather rapt expression that I have come to associate with inspiration. It becomes her—but it is an expression that I have learned almost to dread. “Iron lace?” I asked cautiously.
插件设计:zasq.net

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| ( Q群816270601 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-13 07:20 , Processed in 2.170465 second(s), 50 queries .